CenCal Health is reaching out to keep its nearly 180,000 members and over 1,500 providers and the community informed with important information and resources as the region faces unprecedented impacts from the Thomas Fire.
Updates include critical information about medication prescriptions and refills for members, providers and pharmacies.
CenCal Health is aware that patients may have lost their medications in an evacuation, may be separated from their usual site of care and pharmacy or that their pharmacy may be currently closed. Early refill of maintenance medications will be rapidly considered for authorization by CenCal Health. CenCal Health is reminding members to contact their medical office to have prescriptions redirected to an accessible pharmacy, rather than using emergency departments solely for the refill of lost medications; reserving the emergency department use for more critical issues.
Information Updates may be found at:
• CenCal Health website home page: click on Information: The Thomas Fire
• Go directly to https://www.cencalhealth.org/community/fire-information
• Pharmacies and providers will also find the contact information they need to serve members at https://www.cencalhealth.org/community/fire-information.
• Currently CenCal Health is open for business with normal business hours, 8am to 5pm, Monday through Friday, and the Member Services line is open for members at 1-877-814-1861 during business hours.
• Members who have been evacuated and need medical services outside of Santa Barbara or San Luis Obispo County should call the Member Services line.
“We are using every channel available to make sure our members can continue to access the services they need to stay healthy and safe during this challenging time,” said Bob Freeman, CEO of CenCal Health. “It is an honor to work alongside our network of providers, and to support their efforts with the access and resources they need to continue their outstanding care of our members throughout this emergency and its aftermath.”
About CenCal Health
CenCal Health provides health insurance for approximately 20 percent of residents in Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo counties, or nearly 180,000 members. CenCal Health coverage is accepted by the vast majority of local health care providers. CenCal Health has served the community for 34 years, and provides education and assistance to its members in order to reduce potential health problems from chronic illness such as diabetes and asthma. For more information, visit www.cencalhealth.org or find CenCal Health on Facebook.
Press Contact: Caitlin Trude/Juliana Minsky (805) 687-3322