Free Treatment and Testing for COVID-19
You can get free testing for COVID-19 if you think you have been exposed or if you have symptoms. Here’s how:
- Get tested at any provider site—just make sure to show your CenCal Health Member ID card and your BIC card.
- Get an at-home test kit. You can either get this from your Primary Care Provider (PCP) or from Medi-Cal Rx. Medi-Cal Rx can even deliver these to you through their mail order pharmacy!
If you have been exposed to COVID-19 or have had symptoms, you can also request antibody testing from your PCP to check for a past COVID-19 infection.
You can get free treatment for COVID-19. Treatment is available if you have “long COVID” from a past infection and is also available right away if you have a new COVID-19 infection.
Getting treatment within 5—7 days after your symptoms start is most effective way to treat COVID-19. If you test positive, you can get “test-to-treat” care. This means you can get specialized care right away. Here’s how:
- Find a “test-to-treat” site on MyTurn
- Request an urgent appointment with your PCP to get tested and start treatment. If they don’t offer treatment in their office, they can refer you to a treatment site.
You can also get treatment for conditions that may put you at higher risk of developing severe COVID-19, like diabetes, cancer, or obesity.
Medications for COVID-19
As a CenCal Health member, you can get medications and therapies that will treat or prevent COVID-19. can get medications through:
If you do not have COVID-19 and are moderately to severely immunocompromised or are not able to get vaccinated, you can get “Pre-exposure prophylaxis.” This is a type of medication that helps prevent COVID-19.
To get more information on the different treatments available for COVID-19, contact your PCP.
Vaccinations are available for everyone 6 months and older.
Boosters are available for:
- Everyone 5 years and older (1 booster)
- Adults ages 50 and older and some people 12 and older who are immunocompromised (2 boosters)
Schedule your Vaccine
To make an appointment or find a walk-in:
Free transportation to vaccine appointments may be provided for CenCal Health members by calling Member Services at 1-877-814-1861. Same day transportation requests are not available.