Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo Health Initiative
Provides comprehensive health coverage for Medi-Cal eligible members of all ages throughout Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo counties.
Learn more at our Member Programs Page.
Provider Training & Orientation
All new providers with CenCal Health are offered a complete orientation. Additional trainings are also offered throughout the year; visit our Provider Training page.
If you would like to schedule an on-site training, please email us at Provider Services, attention: Provider Representative team.
Basics on Eligibility
CenCal Health does not determine eligibility. Eligibility is determined by Department of Social Services (DSS) and Social Security Administration (SSA). It is important to verify eligibility because:
- A Benefit Identification Card (BIC) and/or a Member ID Card is not a guarantee of eligibility
- Members may have a Share of Cost
- Members may have Other Health Coverage
- Members may have changed their Primary Care Provider
- Member might be Special Class and not have a Primary Care Provider
Click here to learn how to check a Member's eligibility.